Hungarian Chicken Soup
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 45mins
- 1 whole chicken
- Accent seasoning
- 8 pieces carrots
- 2 white carrots
- 1 celery root
- 1 kohlrabi
- 1 small onion
- 1 tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small potato
- 1 paprika, with no stem
- thin noodles
- Cut the chicken in pieces, wash, then scrub with Accent then place the pieces in bottom of a large, deep saucepan or pressure cooker. I prefer saucepan.
- Fill the pan or pressure cooker with water,( leave space for vegs! ) and cook slowly on low heat. The soup will get frothy while cooking, you have to take it off from the top with a spoon pretty often. If you don't, your soup will not be clear.
- Meanwhile, clean all vegetables, cut into pieces - except the onion, tomato, paprika and potato. Set aside.
- Put 1 teaspoon - for now - of salt and 7 pcs of peppercorn in the soup.
- When the froth vanishes, that is the time to put in the vegs. Cover, and cook until carrot is done.
- Don't forget to taste it while it is cooking, to see how much more salt is needed.
- When done, take out the chicken, vegs. and place them on two separate plates.
- Take a clean saucepan and pour the soup in it through a filter, this will make your soup "clean, clear and beautiful".
- Serve the soup clear, and everyone can pick their favourites from the chick and veg plates in their bowls.
- Don't forget about the noodles. ( Kids love the noodles.) They must be served separately too.
- You can also place a little plate on the table, filled with small green pepper slices. Some like it hot!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!