Honey Oat Bran Bread
Healthy, diabetic-friendly bread for the bread machine. Cook time is a guess, as you just use the "light" setting, however long that takes in your particular machine.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons dry non-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium egg
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour or 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dry yeast
- Add the ingredients to your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer, which is usually in the order given, being careful that the yeast doesn't come in contact with the salt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made this dough in my bread machine but shaped it in a loaf pan and baked in my oven using suggestions below. This was a tasty wheat bread with nice texture. I made it for my husband who is dieting and he ate a slice after several weeks of diet bread (aka marshmallow bread). He is very enthusiastic about it, as I am. I will make it again. Oh, and I didn't have dried buttermilk so I just subbed a couple tablespoons of dried milk and my oat bran supply was just shy of 1 cup so I completed my cup with wheat bran.