Honey Carrot Soup
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey, I reduced to 1/3 cup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- In large saucepan combine carrots, chicken broth and onion.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat about 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Transfer mixture to blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return to saucepan.
- Add milk and honey.
- Return to simmer.
- Serve hot or chilles with a swirl of sour cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I definitely liked it.. very different and interesting. I used 1/4 c honey, and it was definitely not too sweet. I think that 1/3 c honey would have been fine for us. I would not make it again just because it took a lot of time, effort and mess, then the final product was just 2 small soup bowls. Too much effort for such a small amount.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am deaf and love to cook. I like to experiment and try new meals. I just got a new puppy named Bailey who is a Shitzu and is going to be trained as a hearing dog.