Homestyle Vegetable Soup
photo by HollyJane
- Ready In:
- 8 cups beef broth or 8 cups vegetable broth
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 cup chopped tomato (canned is fine)
- 3 cups cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup canned green beans or 1 cup frozen green beans
- 2 cups canned corn (more if desired) or 2 cups frozen corn (more if desired)
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup water (if needed)
- Add broth to a large soup pot.
- Add onions, celery, potatoes, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, corn, and carrots.
- Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Add black pepper.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add water if necessary to thin out soup.
- Tastes even better the next day.
- For Vegetarian use the vegetable broth.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!