Homemade Root Beer Float
- Ready In:
- 1 gallon carbonated water
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons root beer concentrate
- 1 lb broken dry ice
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Combine the carbonated water, sugar and root beer concentrate in an extra-large bowl or punch bowl - something that is food-safe and won't break when the dry ice is added. Don't cover with a lid. Gently stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the dry ice to the mixture in a well-ventilated area. The mixture will start to bubble. Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes to fully carbonate.
- Ladle some of the root beer into a glass. Top with desired amount of vanilla ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!