photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 lbs hamburger
- 24 ounces onions, chopped (3 cups)
- 24 ounces green peppers, chopped (3 cups)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 70 ounces chopped tomatoes (2x28oz. + 1x14oz.cans)
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (40 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
- Brown hamburger in skillet, remove from grease and place into 4 quart saucepan.
- Cook onions and green peppers in left over grease or butter.
- Add to hamburger.
- Add butter (melted), tomatoes and spices. (not sure butter is needed).
- Cook on low-medium heat for about 45 minutes.
- Add kidney beans with juice from cans. (I used about half the juice).
- Cook for another 15 minutes or just until beans start to split open. (Took way longer than 15 minutes for me).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a teacher and mother of two grown children. I enjoy cooking, especially cookies. I also enjoy line dancing, scrap booking, Bunco, gardening, lighthouses, reading and taking walks with my husband. I have a beautiful granddaughter and a handsome grandson. Both are under the age of five.