Homemade Caramel Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found this on Food Network. This is Bob Blumbers' recipe from The Surreal Gourmet. Tastes great with vanilla ice-cream topped with toasted hazel nuts, chocolate chips, fresh coconut wedges etc.
- Ready In:
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add water and sugar.
- Stir occasionally for approximately 5 minutes, or until sugar melts and turns a golden brown. (Keep a watchful eye on sugar because it will go from being golden brown to burning in about 1 minute).
- Immediately remove from heat and whisk in cream.
- Stir constantly until smooth.
- At this point, caramel sauce will be very thin.
- After it cools, it will thicken to the consistency of, well…caramel sauce.
- Note: when adding and stirring cream, wear an oven mitt on your stirring hand.
- The heat of the sugar will cause a tremendous amount of scalding steam when it comes into contact with the cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION