photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- Add yams to a pot of boiling water, cover and after allowing water to return to a boil, cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water.
- Remove the skins from the yams.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Quarter the apples and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Spray a large rectangular or oblong pan with cooking spray of your choice.
- Layer the yams and the apples.
- Pour the orange juice over both layers.
- Dot with butter or margarine if desired.
- Top with the raisins.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- You can adjust these amounts to your own personal preference.
- Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great easy recipe. I peeled the Yam, sliced it into 1/4" slices then boiled it - took 8 minutes. Then assembled the casserole. It was so easy doing it this way. The yams came out perfect - Definite do again recipe I didn't add the raisins because I was serving Raisin sauce with the ham steaks so I have that to look forward to another time