Highbush Cranberry Jelly
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 15mins
6 8 ounce jars
- 2 cups highbush cranberries (OK to triple)
- 3 cups water (OK to triple same as berries)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (for every cup of extracted juice.)
- liquid pectin (optional)
- Simmer the berries in the water (watch that the ratio is 2 c berries to 3 c water) for 10 minutes. Boil Rapidly for 3-5 minutes.
- Strain the liquid through a jelly bag or cheese cloth lined sieve overnight. Do not squeeze the mixture or your jelly will be cloudy.
- For each cup of juice, add 2/3 c white sugar. Stir it up well.
- I used 5 cups of juice and 4 1/2 c sugar for my batch.
- Bring to 220-222 degrees on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat, skim off any foam.
- Pour into sterile jars and put in 5 minute water bath.
- OR: Bring juice and sugar to a boil, boil hard for 1 minute. Turn off heat, add pectin, stir well. Skim, fill jars and place in water bath 5 minutes.
- Enjoy your jelly!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking and trying new recipes. <br> <br>I am a displaced Bluenoser. <br> <br>My husband Gilad, is my best friend and my soulmate. We do most everything together. <br> <br>Our daughter Tiffany, is now 21 and has been living on her own for 4 years now. That makes us empty nesters, WOO HOO! <br> <br>Besides mucking about in the kitchen, I also enjoy mucking about in the garden and reading while lounging on the swing. <br> <br>Our cat, Muffins provides much entertainment as do most felines! <br> <br>I try to start and end each day with at least 3 (sometimes that's a tough one) things that I am grateful for. No matter how hard life seems, I know I have it easy compared to so many others. <br> <br>B'Shalom, <br>Annie