Cranberry Bee Balm Jelly
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
5-6 1/2 jars
- 4 cups cranberry juice, not low calorie
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 3⁄4 ounces dry pectin
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh picked bergamot petals, Bee balm, Wild Oswego Tea, Horsemint, Monarda
- Heat 1/2 cup water pour over the bee balm and let steep 1 hour or over night in the refrigerator then strain.
- Pour steeped bee balm, cranberry and lemon juices into a heavy pot. Whisk in the pectin to dissolve. Bring to a full rolling boil.over medium high heat. stirring frequently. Stir in sugar and return to a full rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute.
- Skim foam.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars leaving 1/4 inch head space. Process in a boiling water bath 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool without moving in a draft free place.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!