High Fiber Oatmeal Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dates (chopped)
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- In a separate bowl, stir softened butter with brown sugar until well mixed.
- Stir sifted dry ingredients into butter-sugar mixture.
- Stir in dry oats and beaten eggs.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in raisins, chopped dates and chopped pecans; mix well until batter is firm.
- Drop small dollops (about 1 heaping teaspoon) 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes in 350 degree oven until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet, lay flat, and cool for 10 minutes before serving. (I liked them better the second day.).
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a teacher and mother of two grown children. I enjoy cooking, especially cookies. I also enjoy line dancing, scrap booking, Bunco, gardening, lighthouses, reading and taking walks with my husband. I have a beautiful granddaughter and a handsome grandson. Both are under the age of five.