Hershey's Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake and Frosting
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Cake: Heat oven to 350*. Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans or one 13x9-inch pan.
- In large mixer bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat on high speed 3 minutes.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; add alternately with water to butter mixture.
- Blend just until combined. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Coll completely; frost.
- Frosting: In small microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave on high an additional 30 seconds or until melted and smooth when stirred. (Chips may also be melted in pan over warm water).
- Gradually add powdered sugar and evaporated milk, beating until smooth. About 2 1/2 cups frosting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!