Herb-Baked Fish & Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb unbreaded fish fillet, thawed if frozen
- 1 dash paprika (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In 8x12" baking dish, combine hot bouillon, uncookedd rice and seasonings.
- Bake, covered, at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Top with broccoli, 1/2 can french fried onions and Parmesan cheese.
- Place fish fillets diagonally down the center of the dish; sprinkle fish lightly with paprika.
- Bake, covered, at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Stir rice.
- Top fish with Cheddar cheese and remaining onions; bake, uncovered, 3 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Microwave Directions: In 8x12" microwave-safe dish, prepare rice mixture as above, except reduce bouillon to 1 1/4 cups.
- Cook, covered, on HIGH 5 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Stir in broccoli, 1/2 can onions and the Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange fish fillets in single layer on top of rice mixture; sprinkle fish lightly with paprika.
- Cook, covered, on MEDIUM for 18-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork and rice is done.
- Rotate dish halfway through cooking.
- Top fish with Cheddar cheese and remaining onions; cook, uncovered, on HIGH for 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a recently converted pescetarian after watching the movie 'Fast Food Nation.' That's not entirely true, I will eat meat but only if it comes from my boyfriend's cattle farm, someone shoots it during hunting season or it's a pig that's been thrown on the smoker at a pig roast. I know how it was processed so I'm not afraid to eat it. I am also a bartender at a fine dining restaurant in Duncannon, PA - Micheal's Cafe. It's the best food by far that you will get in the area. I am a proud mom of an 8-year-old son that is the apple of my eye. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">