Hearty Egg Casserole
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 28 ounces frozen hash browns (southern style, about 6 cups)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 10 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup skim milk or 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- sliced red onion (optional)
- parsley sprig (optional)
- mixed greens (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Evenly coat a 13x9" (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Evenly spread potatoes in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sour cream, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper until thoroughly blended.
- Pour over the potatoes.
- Bake until puffed and browned and no visible liquid egg remains, about 45 minutes.
- Garnish with onion and parsley.
- Serve with mixed greens.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.