Hearts of Palm Salad
This recipe has been adapted from another cooking site. It was billed as the "South Beach Salad". I don't know if the changes I have made have changed that or not. It is delicious and made a wonderful and different salad to serve for guests.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, drained and quartered
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1 (6 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 8 -10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a covered jar and shake vigorously to mix.
- For the salad, combine the hearts of palm, peppers, artichoke hearts, and olives in a bowl.
- Pour the dressing over and mix well; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, place the mixed greens on chilled salad plates, divide the heart of palm mixture evenly over the plates and arrange the hard-boiled egg slices and tomatoes over the top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #78* A REAL winner, Paula ! Can't understand how I have missed it in previous swaps ! Prepared double for 4th of July crab feast, sine 1 couple cannot tolerate dairy. I, too, went a tad heavy on the Dijon, and it was perfect. Leftovers tonight for DD and family, and they will love the "healthy" part as well as the tasty ! I will be serving this often this Summer. Thanks for posting !!Reply
Wow, this is perfectly delicious! Seasoning is my kind of thing. I made it the day before for our lunch today with corn muffins. I made the dressing and put the heart of palms, red pepper, artichoke, and olives together in bowl, dumped the dressing on, refrigerated it. Then the next day assembled onto salad greens, and added the tomato and egg garnish. Can't wait to share this Paula with my DIL who will love it! Made for ZWT4 the FLYING DUTCHESS'.Reply