- Ready In:
- 1 potato
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- Scrub your potatoe but do not peel them place them to boil in lightly salted water until tender about 25 - 30 minutes (they need to be fork tender when pierced). Cool slightly and peel.
- Mash the potatoes (by hand not the processor or you'll have runny caulk).
- Stir in the egg substitute and flour. Knead to form a soft dough. If too sticky add a bit more flour.
- Coat both hands with flour and divide dough into 4 pieces and roll each into a log about 1 1/2 inch thick. cut the dough into 1/2 inch slices. Roll the pieces of dough with the teeth of a floured fork to score and shape.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a slow boil. Drop the gnocchi into the water, a few at a time. They are done when they rise to the top. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain. Continue until all gnocchi are cooked.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!