Harissa is a spice mix used in the Middle East and Africa as a condiment, a grilling sauce, and it's often an ingredient in other dishes. There are many variations to this recipe, but this is a fairly typical one.
- Ready In:
- 12 dried hot red chili peppers
- 1 large garlic clove (or 2-3 small ones)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Remove the seeds from the chili peppers and soak the pepper in water for 1/2 to rehydrate. Heat cumin, caraway and coriander seeds over low heat for one minute. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- From Margarita's International Recipes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this to use in a recipe that needed just 1/2 cup of harissa sauce...the hubby and I both decided we weren't fans of this condiment...I did enjoy preparing it...there was so much oil that I had to soak some up with a paper towel because the chicken pieces were swimming in it...you need to really like the flavor of caraway...it was very dominate...thanks for sharing your recipe...made for "What's on the menu" tag game...Reply
see 1 more