Hamburger Oven Meal
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 4 -5 carrots, sliced
- 4 -5 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raw long grain rice (I use a combo of white and wild)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups water
- Brown hamburger and drain grease.
- Place meat in large casserole dish.
- Layer the onions, carrots, potatoes and rice over meat.
- Mix soups, seasonings and water- until blended.
- Pour over layers.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Optional- add cheese and bake until melted.
- We serve with ketchup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<P>I'm a Mom of three boys: 19, 16, 13 (Josh, Jake and Jonah) and a 1 yr old golden retriever-Jethro. I work full-time as a Medicare compliance analyst for a non-profit health insurer. I love to cook - although I don't always have enough time to do as I'd like to do. I don't especially care to do the clean up though- but who does?? Food in general brings people together and makes people feel at ease. My boys love to help out in the kitchen-especially if I'm baking bread or baking sweet treats for them. If anyone were to ask them what I put in a recipe - first two ingredients they'd list would be olive oil and garlic -- (well not for the sweet stuff..at least)! I'm constantly browsing to see how I can alter/influence my family's eating - as well as trying to get it on the table quickly! My boys are all hockey players - so I spend a lot of time at the ice arena. When I have time of my own..I try to get on the golf course or read cookbooks.</P>