Gringo Chile Con Queso
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato and green chile mix (I use Rotel)
- Place cubes of velveeta in a microwave safe dish.
- Pour can of tomatoes and chile on top of cheese cubes (do not drain).
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes and stir.
- Microwave for 2 additional minutes.
- You are done!
- Note sauce will thicken in about 10-15 minutes after it begins to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good- just what we wanted for a snack tonight. I only made half the recipe since it was just us at home, and we'll be snacking on this for days to come. I make a similar dip using the velveeta, salsa (rather than rotel) and sausage in the crockpot, and I think I prefer that one, but this was good for a quick-fix snack. I added some canned sliced jalapenos and their juice to spice it up more. Thanks for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I?m ?originally from Texas, but now live in Florida. Still gotta have that spice though....love chipotle peppers, habaneros, and jalapenos. This is a picture of myself & my 2 daughters taken in Dec'06. I am working on my graduate degree, & still work as a nurse prn. When I'm not cooking and eating what I cook... I head for the gym to work out. As far as cookbooks, I love the church/ community cookbooks, where someone has dug out old handwritten recipes by granny and shared them with others-those are the best kind. If I had a month off, I'd for sure go hiking, would love to visit Australia and New Zealand.?