Grilled Peaches With Fresh Raspberry Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups lightly packed fresh raspberries (about 13 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 6 medium ripe but firm peaches, halved, pitted
- Puree 2 1/4 cups fresh raspberries along with 3 tablespoons water in food processor until puree is smooth.
- Strain raspberry puree through fine-mesh strainer, pressing on solids to release as much liquid as possible; discard solids in strainer.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice until blended.
- (Fresh raspberry sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate).
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
- Melt butter with brown sugar in heavy small skillet over medium heat.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Brush peach halves all over with melted butter mixture.
- Grill until tender, about 8 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve with sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! I did tinker with this a little bit. I wanted to halve the butter (actually tub margarine), and add a little cinammon (3/4 tsp) and rum (1.5 TBSP), so I made foil packets and put everything in the center of the peach. I also tripled the brown sugar. What a wonderful barbecued peach melba!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a native Texan and have lived in North Texas all my life. <br />I have a wonderful husband and we celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on July 15, 2014! <br /><br /><a href=/\\expio1\users\jwilliams\My></a>I have three beautiful boys aged 17, 15, and 15. <br /><br />And then there's my little girls, Daisy & Chloe. Daisy is a terrier mix and Chloe is a Maltie-Poo.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt=/ /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/67103/smPACp.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt=/ /></p>