Grilled Halloumi With Watermelon and Basil-Mint Oil
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped of fresh mint (plus thinly sliced mint for garnish)
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (plus more for brushing)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- 1 eight to nine ounce package halloumi cheese, cut across into 8 slices
- 6 small triangles thinly sliced watermelon, rind removed
- Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high.
- Puree basil, 3 tablespoons mint, and garlic in a blender. With machine running, add 1/2 cup of oil. Strain the puree over a small bowl, pressing on solids. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush grill rack with oil. Drizzle 2 tablespoons basil-mint oil over tomatoes and cheese; season with salt and pepper. Grill tomatoes, turning occasionally, until charred and bursting, about 4 minutes. Grill cheese until nicely charred in spots and beginning to melt, about 45 seconds per side.
- Arrange melon on a platter. Top with cheese and tomatoes. Drizzle with remaining herb oil, and garnish with sliced mint.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>This site has gotten so horribly bad over the past couple of years, I have stopped using it to manage my recipes and have gone over to using another one, which I have been forbidden to mention on Food.com. It's no secret that there are competitors; send me a message if you are in the same boat and would like to know. For now, I only frequent a few of the forums and that's it. The Titanic has sailed!</p>