Grilled Fried Egg, Bologna and Cheese Sandwich
I was craving fried bologna. Came across an Egg, Cheese Bologna recipe and tweaked it a little bit to make it like a grilled cheese sandwich! Delicious!!
- Ready In:
- 3 slices bologna, any brand will do. slit the sides in 4 places to fry without curling (or 2 or 4 up to you)
- 1 egg
- 1 slice American cheese
- 2 slices white bread (I used Italian style regular bread)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Slit the bologna in 4 places alond the side to 1/2 to middle (like a pinwheel) to prevent it from curling when fried.
- Mayo one side of 2 slices of bread (I prefer to grill with mayo -- browns better than butter -- a trick I learned from a diner).
- Add small pat of butter to grease a non-stick frying pan on medium. Add the bologna. Fry to your liking turning frequently as not to burn. Transfer to one piece of your bread on the un-mayo side.
- Fry an egg. You will have plenty of grease to fry it inches Poke yolk. Flip. Add a slice of cheese to cooked side. Fry it through. Transfer to on top of bologna.
- Put other slice of bread over. Mayo side out. Transfer to fry pan. Grill it like you would a grilled cheese sandwich. I put Frank's Red Hot cayanne pepper sauce as a condiment. (milder than Tabasco) -- use whatever condiment you want or leave it plain! Super YUMMY!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I just created the same exact thing. I thought I was the first to invent this but apparently not. I googled it and found this recipe.<br/><br/>Anyhow, the sandwich is 9/10 stars, rivaled only by a BLT. The advantage to this one versus the BLT is the cheapness of the ingredients.<br/><br/>I suggest you throw a pinch of pepper over the egg once you get it into the pan. If you're using craft singles for cheese, you will need a napkin because that stuff will melt all over the place.Reply
see 2 more