Green Tea Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups puffed rice cereal, crushed (Perky's brand Nutty Rice works well)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (less if using a sweetened cereal)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons green tea powder (aka. matcha)
- Crush the cereal.
- Put in a medium bowl and add the sugar.
- Melt the butter and combine with the dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Cover the bottom and sides of your cake pan evenly with the crust mix (this recipes makes enough to fill a 9 inch cake pan, give or take).
- Refridgerate while you make the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl or food processor, beat the cream cheese until it starts to get fluffy (a food processor or electric mixer is easiest).
- Add the remaining incredients and beat until it's fully mixed and there are no remaining clumps.
- Pour the filling into the cake pan with the crust (depending on the shape and depth of your pan, you may end up with a little left over). Note that the cake has a tendency to puff up while cooking.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the surface is lightly browned.
- Take the cheese cake out of the oven and allow it to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!