Greek Tomato and Bread Salad With Feta, Basil, and Capers
- Ready In:
- 4 4 cups very stale country bread or 4 cups other crusty bread, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 6 ripe tomatoes, cut into large chunks (about 2 pounds total)
- 18 olives, preferably Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fruity olive oil
- 8 -12 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Place the bread on a platter or in a large bowl. Sprinkle with water and set aside until partially softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Arrange the tomatoes, olives, and capers over the bread and sprinkle with the salt and vinegar. Add the cheese and pepper to taste, and drizzle with the oil. Top with the basil and set aside to marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Toss, and serve right away.
- The Olive and the Caper Adventures In Greek Cooking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!