Greek Salad Pita Sandwiches
photo by Ms B.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes or 1 1/4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced seeded and peeled cucumber
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped radish
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 1⁄2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 4 (8 inch) whole wheat pita bread, halved
- Whisk olive oil and red wine vinegar in a large bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Mix tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, radishes and parley into the dressing. Stir in feta cheese. (Salad can be made 2 days ahead -- cover and chill.).
- Using slotted spoon, transfer salad mixture to pita bread halves. Serve sandwiches immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this fresh tasting sandwich today for lunch. It required a bit of prep, but I was very pleased with the end result. The salad is flavorful and healthy. I used cherry tomatoes and fresh parsley from my garden. I added a bit more salt and pepper to the finished salad, on top of what I had already added to the dressing. I did not alter this recipe at all and felt that it needed no modifications. I would make this again. Thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home MOM who spends a lot of time cooking for my family. It is one of my main hobbies. I am also an avid quilter and reader. I love trying new recipes and often have more on my list to try than I will ever get around to making. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg">