Greek Mac N Cheese
photo by joyce_ringer
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces large elbow macaroni or 8 ounces other hollow pasta
- 1 lb spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 sprigs parsley, chopped (leaves)
- 6 sprigs dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 ounces provolone cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to box directions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a pot over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup water and the spinach. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until spinach is wilted and tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold, running water to cool. Use your hands to squeeze as much liquid out of the spinach as possible; working in small handfuls. Fluff the spinach back up a bit, place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Return the pot to medium-high heat, add the oil, onions, scallions and salt. Cook, stirring, until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add to the spinach. Toss in the parsley and dill. Stir everything together. Add the pepper and nutmeg; stir to combine.
- Add 3/4 of the cheeses. Stir to mix. Add the pasta; stir to combine.
- Coat an 8-by-8 baking dish with cooking spray. Dump the mixture into the dish, top with the remaining cheese and bake until browned and bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!