Greek Chicken Thighs
- Ready In:
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, all visible fat removed (about 1 pound)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked Bulgar wheat
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Heat a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Remove from heat, spray with vegetable spray, then return to heat and cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add broth, water, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice and pepper to the skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken from the pan.
- Stir the remaining ingredients into the skillet and place chicken on top. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until bulgur is tender and broth is absorbed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WOW. I went to the store today and could not find bulgar or kalamata olives, so used jarred jalapeno's instead and sticky rice as the base. It was wonderful with those two subs, and that was after my regular dinner (i have insomnia tonight so started cooking). I will make this again and again, and look for the bulgar.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Los Angeles County. Married 25 years. 3 kids ages 24, 21 and 12. I'm a math professor and a computer tech. The picture above is me running in the Los Angeles Marathon (the first time I did it) on March 4, 2007. I'm smiling because the picture was taken at mile 3. I wasn't smiling by the end. LOL. I've since done the Long Beach Marathon in Oct. 2007 and I did L.A. again in March 2008. The third time was the trick. I finally had a good race and I qualified to run the Boston Marathon which I did in April 2009. Now I'm into triathlon, since summer 2009. Besides cooking/baking I've recently started knitting again (Jan. 2008) and can be found at Ravelry.com most days. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg">