Granny's Cornbread Dressing
photo by Carols Kitchen
- Ready In:
- Cook and crumble cornbread and biscuits 2 days ahead and allow to dry out.
- Boil and chop 6 eggs.
- Saute chopped onion and chopped celery in butter until clear.
- (you can boil and chop the eggs and sauté onion and celery the day before serving).
- In extra-large bowl mix everything together (except cornbread & biscuits).
- Mix well and stir in crumbled cornbread and biscuits.
- Butter 2 9 x 13 roasting pans. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serves 30-35.
- I like to cook until the sides are brown and crusty, so, depending on your oven you may want to bake for 15 -20 minutes longer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to be in my kitchen!