Grand Ola-- Cookies Dipped in Chocolate Ganache
This decadent, healthy treat made using Quaker Granola containing oatmeal, nuts, raisins that a lot of fiber and low in sodium is just part of this delicious cookie. It has an optional dried fruit mix of blueberries, cherries, cranberries, plums. Use one or all or add raisins. Then you have a chocolaty goodness from both semi-sweet and bitter sweet chips inside and then the cookies dipped in rich creamy ganache. AND you don't need to pull out a mixer for this easy to make recipe! Unless you're making a drink. LOL! It is almost guilt free! :) The cookies can be made into smaller sizes making 40 just watch the cooking time.
- Ready In:
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups granola cereal, large pieces broken into smaller pieces
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit, chopped (Pick and chose of blueberries, cranberries, cherries, raisins or plums)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips (adding semi sweet to the bittersweet is OK)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter add brown sugar and stir till smooth.
- Add vanilla and egg stir in to combine.
- In a bowl combine flour, granola, baking soda, salt, cinnamon. Add to the butter mixture.
- Stir in dried fruit, nuts, and chips.
- Place on a two greased 14 x 16 inch cookie sheet pans. Making 20 large cookies. Be sure to keep them spread apart from each other. If need be used an other pan. These will spread out.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat cream add chips and stir to blend and creamy.
- Remove cookies from oven and let set 5 minutes before placing on racks to cool completely.
- Dip generously one end of the cookie into ganache place on wax or a sil pad till harden or chill for quicker results or just eat it!
- Do share the cookie with a loved one.