Gozitan - Open Ftira for the ABM
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 4 cups bread flour
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ham, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sage, fresh chopped
- Place all dough ingredients into ABM according to your machines directions.
- Set on dough cycle.
- You will end up with a soft dough.
- Place the dough in a covered bowl and place in the fridge overnight.
- Once the dough is ready cut into 4 equal size pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place some flour on a flat surface and with a rolling pin roll out in the shape of your tray (Use a small rectangular tray).
- Roll the dough larger than your tray as the dough tends to spring back once placed on the tray.
- In your tray add some olive oil and sprinkle some semolina on top.
- Place the dough onto your oiled tray.
- In small bowl mix olive oil and white wine.
- Spread over Ftira.
- Top with capers, olives, ham, onions and sage.
- Place your ftira in the oven for about 20 minutes until the edges of the dough looks golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"