This is my mother's recipe for a dip she used to serve at all the parties she held. Dad was in the Navy, so we held a lot of them. :) My mom would always use the whole Gouda in the red wax, but I find it difficult to get the cheese out without ruining the wax, so I use whatever I can find.
- Ready In:
- 7 ounces gouda cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut off top of wax and remove the cheese. Set cheese aside until soft and refrigerate the wax shell.
- When cheese is soft, smash it with a fork and mix with remaining ingredients. The cheese should be a little lumpy, but not too much.
- Fill the shell and refrigerate until a few hours before serving. You don't want the cheese to be too hard, then you can't spread it well.
- Serve with Ritz crackers.
- I by pass the wax and put the dip in a serving bowl.