Golden Graham Chocolate Chip Bars
photo by CoffeeB
- Ready In:
1 13x9 inch pan
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups Golden Grahams cereal, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats, plus
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanuts, divided
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-in baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, beat well.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, cereal, 3/4 cup oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in 3/4 cup peanuts, and 2/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread in prepared baking dish.
- Coarsely chop remaining peanuts; sprinkle over top with remaining oats and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Kitten, After the holidays, I wanted to make a not too sweet, easy bar recipe and this recipe was perfect. The oatmeal and Golden Graham cereal made a wonderful combination. The chocolate chips and peanuts were just right too. Thank you for posting this recipe. My boyfriend has already declared this recipe "delicious". I followed this recipe exactly and made no changes.
These are absolutely wonderful. I was looking for a recipe to use up my GoldenGrahams Cereal and this recipe popped up. Perfect. They are a bit rich, so look out. I love the oatmeal to balance out too much sweetness. Thanks Kitty and I'll be using this one again as I have this cereal on hand all the time~ Made for Camera-less Chef 08'