Gluten Free Spinach & Artichoke Pizza
photo by hexon
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon yeast (normally in 1/4 oz packets which is just fine)
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups gluten-free flour (mine was mostly brown rice based)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 (18 ounce) jar of your favorite marinara sauce, but check the ingredients for gluten (I used Kroger brand)
- 1 (8 ounce) can artichokes
- 1 bunch spinach leaves
- 1 (10 ounce) bag of shredded cheese (I used Sargento's 4 cheese blend)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Activate the yeast by placing in warm milk with the sugar. If warm enough, the yeast will bubble and thicken. This may take up to 10 minutes.
- While the yeast is activating, pour the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients to the yeast and then combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- You want the dough to hold together well, but not be crumbly or runny. It should hold its shape. Add more milk if needed.
- dust counter and hands with some more corn starch to keep the dough from sticking, and press out two 12" round pizza crusts.
- Rub a tablespoon of marinara sauce over each crust and place into oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add spinach, marinara sauce, artichokes, and cheese (enough for your liking) and place back into oven for 15 minutes.
- Freeze what you don't eat for a quick dinner later.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!