Gluten-Free Lemon Cookies
photo by katii
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 drops lemons, flavour (optional)
- 1⁄8 cup potato starch, for kneading
- 1⁄2 cup lemon curd
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream sugar and butter.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, and zest (flavouring if using).
- Add the dry ingredients, mixing enough to combine.
- With your hands, knead in enough of the potato starch to make the dough easy to handle.
- Roll into 2-teaspoon sized balls, pressing your finger in the middle to make a dent.
- Bake in on a parchment-paper lined sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for about 10-13 minutes until very lightly browned.
- Reinforce the dents with your finger before they cool.
- Fill the dents with lemon curd once cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an enthusiastic young chef who loves to experiment!! I love cooking because i have a multitude of food allergies including all nuts and some legumes, as well as celiac disease. Cooking allows me to enjoy the foods i love without worry! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/NewZealandFlax.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> How I rate recipes: 5 star - WOW! This recipe was really good and exceeded my expectations. I made no or little changes to the recipe and will definitely make it again. 4 star - A very good recipe. I quite enjoyed it, but had to make a few changes here and there. All in all, it met my expectations. I will probably make it again. 3 star - An ok recipe. I liked it a bit, but had to make major changes. It may have a good flavour, but the texture was off or something. Usually I don't make three star recipes again. 2 star - I didn't enjoy this recipe. The flavour and texture was WAY off and so were the directions. I will not make this recipe again. 1 star - I don't give one stars! I think they are too mean!