Gluten Free Foccacia Bread
This is adapted from a deep dish pizza crust recipe I found in the internet. The original recipe called for tapioca starch, but I have had success making this with corn starch and potato starch. It also called for shredded mozzarella, but I use whatever I have on hand.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat an oven to 450° degrees F (230° degrees C).
- Combine the oil, water, egg, and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the tapioca starch, gluten-free flour, ground flax seed, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir in the buttermilk and egg/oil mixture.
- Stir in the cheeses, just until mixed.
- Divide the mixture between two 8 inch, round, greased cake pans.
- Place on middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Reduce heat to 350° degrees F (175° degrees C).
- Bake until slightly golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- To use as a pizza crust, remove from oven and top as desired and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes.