Gluten-Free Anzac Biscuit
photo by Jubes
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup rolled quinoa (rolled quinoa flakes)
- 3⁄4 cup gluten-free blended flour (I use Orgran brand)
- 1 cup gluten-free rice bubbles (I used Freedom Foods Rice Puffs)
- 1⁄2 cup sorghum flour or 1/2 cup soy flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 200 g butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 170°C for a fan-forced oven or 185°C Line cookie trays with Glad Bake baking paper (no need to grease the paper).
- Mix the coconut, quinoa flakes, flours, sugars and Rice Puff cereal in a large mixing bowl - set aside.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together using a small saucepan.
- Meanwhile in a cup mix the boiling water with the bicarb soda.
- Add the water and soda to the melted butter. The mixture will foam up.
- Add the butter to the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and flatten the biscuit between your palms.
- Bake on a lined cookie tray for approx 15 to 20 minutes. The biscuit should be a dark golden brown.
- Cool on trays for 5 minutes before moving onto a rack to cool. The biscuits will firm as they cool. Store in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!