Ginger-Orange Chicken, Crockpot and Paleo
photo by kathleenkirbyturner
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- 2 lbs whole chickens, any size will do as long as it fits in your crockpot
- 1⁄2 inch ginger, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 2 large oranges, one juiced and one peeled and sliced
- 1 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 chili
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the chicken in the crockpot.
- Place all remaining ingredients on top of the chicken. Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours (depending upon the size of the chicken.).
- After the chicken is done remove it to a cutting board. Remove the chili - unless you like a sauce with a lot of heat.
- To make your sauce simply get out your handy-dandy immersion blender and blend the heck out of everything left in the crockpot.
- Serve with cauliflower rice and pour your delicious sauce over all.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Although I am a US citizen, I have spent most of my adult life living outside of the States. I've raised my family all over the world - and I have to say that my four kids are pretty terrific! I am always looking for recipes that only call for basic ingredients. Because I don't live in the US, I often can't find packages or this, or jars and cans of that, even certain spices can be tricky. My favorite cookbooks are the New Joy of Cooking, and anything by Nigela Lawson. My passions are cooking and eating - big surprise there. I have no pet peeves, I don't keep any peeves around long enough to make them into pets. I especially love baking, but I'm trying to get away from that - the carbs are starting to stick to my hips a little too easily. I took a Sushi making course recently. It was a lot of fun; I now know that I need to GO OUT for Sushi, not make it myself.