Ginger Lemon Chicken
photo by Llamatron
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 2 green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 yellow peppers, cut into strips
- 2 orange peppers, cut into strips
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large carrot, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 8 ounces lemon curd
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups water
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven and add chicken, ginger, and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute.
- Once chicken is nearly done, add all vegetables, the sprouts, and the rest of the seasonings (except cornstarch). Add 2 cups water and lemon curd.
- Simmer, covered, on medium, for about 1/2 hour.
- Put cornstarch in a cup and add 1 cup cold water, stir until dissolved and pour into pot, stirring well.
- Cook another 10 minutes, to thicken it up, and then serve over rice or noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a housewife and mother of a 2 year old baby. I love cooking and making my own foods at home!