Easy Lemon Ginger Chicken
Recipe from Progresso.
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup biscuit mix (I use Bisquick)
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- Place chicken between sheets of wax paper and pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place biscuit mix, bread crumbs, lemon peel, and ginger in a shallow bowl and wisk together.
- Place water in another shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in water then in dry mixture, turning to coat.
- Add oil to a large nonstick skillet and heat over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 8-10 minutes, turning once, or until centers are no longer pink.
- Place chicken on a serving dish.
- While chicken is cooking, place sauce ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until thick and bubbly.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION