German Spareribs and Sauerkraut
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- Brown spareribs in a large frying pan on medium heat until most of the fat has been rendered.
- Remove to a platter temporarily as you fry each batch.
- Brown the sliced onions and then add the garlic and cook another minute or two, but do not brown the garlic.
- Remove onions and garlic from the pan briefly with a slotted spoon and pour off any fat that may have accumulated.
- Place mushroom soup and sauerkraut in the pan and stir well and scrape up any browned bits that may have stuck to the pan.
- Add onions, garlic, and apples and stir again.
- Place spareribs on top and cover pan.
- Cook for about an hour on low, stirring occasionally.
- Be cautious in adding any salt because of the sauerkraut, but taste and season accordingly.
- Boil potatoes in salted water until just barely fork-tender.
- Serve the sauce over the potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!