German Potato Pancakes
- Ready In:
12 3 inch pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- sour cream
- Process eggs, onion, baking powder, salt, and pepper in blender until smooth. Stop to scrape down sides.
- Gradually add potato and flour, processing until thickened.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake into a hot, lightly greased nonstick skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Dollop with sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Haven't tried your recipe but it is super easy to use left over mashed potatoes. Just set them out of the fridge and let them get room temp. Add one egg, some flour, and if you like an onion. Then you can either drop them by teaspoon into a deep fryer or you can take them and put them in a frying pan. Either way they are awesome. You can use sour cream or mustard as a dipping sauce.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.