German Chocolate Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 14 ounces German sweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 pint whipping cream or (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- Add chocolate mixture to beaten egg yolks; then add 2/3 cups powdered sugar.
- Chill, then fold in whipped cream.
- Beat egg whites until peaks form.
- Add remaining 1/3 cup sugar into eggs and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Crush vanilla wafer and line a 9X9 inch pan with part of crumbs.
- Spread 2 cups of chocolate mixture over the crumbs.
- Repeat with more crumbs and then the pudding mixture.
- Top pudding with crumbs.
- Refrigerate 24 hours before serving.
- Cut and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Me and my boyfriend have been together for 11 years now. We live on 40 acres and have 6 dogs and 4 Tennessee Walkers. We both work a lot of hours so there is never enough time in a day to get everything done. I absolutely love the outdoors. I also enjoy lifting weights, reading and playing with all of my beautiful animals. I absolutely love, love and love to cook. I like to cook a variety of things and also like love to bake. I like to just get in the kitchen and experiment with different things. If something does not turn out for me such as pie crust or gravy I will keep trying until I can make it work. Only problem is, when I finally make it work it may not work again the time after that. It is fun though and I do consider myself a pretty good cook for the most part. I also love slow cooker recipes. Those are my most favorite in the winter months.