German Beef Rolls
photo by David04
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 lbs top round steaks (8 - 1/4 inch thick steaks)
- 1⁄4 cup brown mustard, dijon ok too
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 8 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 large dill pickle, sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon flour
- dry red wine
- Season beef slices with salt and pepper.
- Thinly spread mustard on one side of the steaks.
- Sprinkle 2/3 of the onions on the beef steaks. Sprinkle on bacon and pickles.
- Roll the beef up and secure with toothpicks.
- Add beef rolls to a coated medium skillet.
- Saute until well browned, turning as needed .
- Add the remaining onion and saute until light golden brown.
- Add the tomato paste and beef stock.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
- If the sauce needs thickened, combine flour and a small amount of wine. Stir into meat broth. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Plate and remove toothpicks and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!