Garlicky Brown Rice
This is a nice healthy side dish with any meat. The garlic and onions provide added flavor.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked short-grain brown rice
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 (14 1/4 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add rice, and saute 1 minute.
- Add garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in water, broth and salt; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and cook over medium-low heat 55 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Spoon into a bowl, fluff with a fork.
- Top with green onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION