Mexican Brown Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 bouillon cube
- Heat butter or oil with lime juice in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the rice and stir until the rice gets heated.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir well, reduce heat and cover.
- Cook for about 45 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and rice is fully cooked.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
this was outstanding.. despite the last and only reviews.... the flavor was great and spices were wonderful..i did omitt the hot peppers and replaced them with a can of mild green chilies.. i made the rice for my homemade enchiladas and it was a big hit for a family gathering. Only negative is it takes a long time to cook... but well worth it. cory Wisconsin.
This was a very interesting recipe. I doubled the recipe, and I found that the tomato sauce over powered the whole dish. I also thought that it was way to spicy, and I LOVE Spicy food, so next time I will only use half of the amount of jalapenos as well as half the amount of tomato sauce. The lime did add a very nice flavor. Thanks for sharing.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Pescetarian. Musician. Cook. Bartender. Wannabe gardener. I aspire to be a rock star and a farmer.