Garlic Mashed Potatoes from the Stinking Rose
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 5 heads garlic, unpeeled, separated
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 18 ounces yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled, 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup smoked mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix garlic and oil in large baking dish.
- Bake until garlic is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Press garlic between fingertips to release cloves.
- Puree garlic in processor.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender.
- Return potatoes to pot.
- Mash with potato masher.
- Add milk and butter and continue mashing until well blended.
- Mix in garlic puree and all remaining ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to 6-cup baking dish.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before continuing).
- Bake potatoes until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon onto plates and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent mash recipe! I halved the recipe with no problems. The roasted garlic and smoked mozzarella were fantastic together! Made exactly as stated. The only thing I might change next time is to leave out the nutmeg. I thought it overpowered the other flavours a bit, but DH licked his plate and didn't taste any nutmeg, so it might be me. :) Thanks lazyme!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"