Garlic Green Beans With Manchego
This is an easy side dish suitable for any special occasion. From Sunset Magazine.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs green beans, rinsed and ends trimmed
- 1⁄3 cup minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup shredded manchego cheese
- Pour olive oil into a 12-inch frying pan or 14-inch wok over medium-high heat. Add green beans and stir often until tender-crisp and lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Add garlic and stir just until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add wine, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste; stir until liquid boils, 1 minute. Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle with Manchego cheese. Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
A nice warm green bean side that has the flavor of a green bean salad. The lime juice gives this dish a slightly acetic flavor, which is why we felt it reminded us of a green bean salad. Made as written using local manchego which comes crumbled. Next time will add black olives as everyone thought they were need to round out the dish. Thanks so much for the post.