Garlic Cheese Quick Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and cheese.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk, oil and egg.
- Stir liquid mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9-in.x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Join The Conversation
This bread is delicious. We had it with butter on and garlic soup. I did have to make a couple of alterations as the comments said it was not very strong in garlic taste so I added an extra tsp and I also added 1tsp mix herbs as our family loves herb bread. The mixture was a little dry so I needed to add a little bit of extra milk. Other than the additions I decided to make myself this was a quick and delicious bread. Before cooking in the oven I added a sprinkling of cheese and sesame seeds to the top which my family commented on how tasty the crust was.<br/>Thanks for this recipe, I will definitely be making it again!