Serve this vegetable medley either on the side or over pasta for a meatless main dish. Points 1.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onion, separated into rings
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 3⁄4 cups sliced yellow squash
- 1 3⁄4 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped unpeeled plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon julienne-cut fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic, stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add squash and zucchini, stir-fry 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add tomato and next 3 ingredients; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Oh soooo very tasty! I made this as written only cutting the recipe in half. I love the combination of the vegies and I always use zucchini as well as the yellow squash when available. Defiantely one to make in my rotations for this summer when the squash and tomatoes are fresh. Thank you for submitting the recipe. Made for Mays Tag Game ~ El Calabacin ~ Zucchini 2012.
This was the perfect lunch for myself alone (converting this to 2 servings as I really had only "this") : fresh veggies, light dish, satisfying and very tasty! <br/>I used thedouble quantity of zucchini as I did not have yellow squash on hand.<br/>I sliced the parmesan cheese very thinly istead of grate it.<br/>Yummy recipe thanks for posting it!