Garden Crab Alfredo
photo by Hippie2MARS
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced and quartered
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 1 sweet onion, slivered
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 salt
- 1⁄4 black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package surimi, loosely chopped (imitation crab)
- 1 (15 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- Put on water for pasta and bring to a boil.
- Mince garlic and cut onion into slivers.
- Place olive oil in a heavy flat-bottomed skillet and add the onion and garlic.
- Stir in the the mushrooms, zucchini and yellow squash.
- Cut two of the tomatoes into chunks and add to the skillet, and saute until squash is cooked, about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While this is sauteing, cook the fettuccine according to package directions for al dente pasta.
- About two minutes before the pasta is done, chop and add the remaining tomatoes to the skillet, as well as the basil, green onion (be sure to use both the green and white part of the onion) and surimi.
- Add the jar of Alfredo sauce and stir to combine.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Drain pasta and add to pot, tossing to coat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an Arkansas native but spent my teen-aged years in Memphis. I have four grown sons and 12 grandchildren. I currently live in Chattanooga, TN and cook mainly for just two, which has been quite an adjustment!